These homemade egg, ham, and caprese flavored breakfast cups only take 2 minutes to cook in the microwave and are perfect for busy mornings.
Just a spoonful of homemade pesto sauce adds plenty of flavor to these microwave eggs.Cooking time will vary depending on if you cook one or two eggs in the ramekin and how many ramekins you cook at once.And remember, cooking time will vary depending on the wattage of your microwave.Cuisine - ItalianPrep Time - 5 minutesCook Time - 2 minutesTotal Time - 7 minutesCalories - 262kcal
- 2 slices thinly sliced ham
- Shredded mozzarella or provolone , or a mix of the two
- 2 eggs
- Basil pesto sauce
- Cherry tomatoes , cut in half
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves if desired
- Layer the slices of ham on the bottom and up the sides of a ramekin or small bowl pressing into the creases and ruffling the edges then sprinkle with the cheese.
- Crack the eggs into the ramekins and add a dollop of pesto over the eggs with a few cherry tomato halves and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place in the microwave and cover with a microwave plate cover and cook on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds or until the whites are set, adding additional 20 second bursts if needed. All microwaves will cook differently so play around with the amount of time. If cooking more than one set of eggs at a time allow for more cooking time as well. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and more kosher salt and black pepper if desired.
- Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 362mg | Sodium: 790mg | Potassium: 282mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 475IU | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 2mg
Originally published here - https://www.foodiecrush.com/microwave-egg-caprese-breakfast-cups/